The fall semester is about to come to a close and winter break is finally here. What are you going to do with all of that free-time? Most students will take this time to relax and do absolutely nothing school related over break, but for those who want to accomplish something, here are a few tips on how you can have a productive break.
There are numerous ways prepare yourself for the semester ahead while still enjoying the relaxing time off. Of course your initial reaction is to avoid any sort of school work over the next few weeks, but boredom will quickly set in if you’re just sitting at home. We aren’t saying to do heavy amounts of school work every day, but a couple of small projects to keep your brain intrigued couldn’t hurt.
1. Prep for next semester’s classes. (e.g., fresh school supplies, purchase books for upcoming classes, etc.)
2. Update your resume.
3. Analyze last semester and make adjustments for the next.
4. Make a goal to eliminate any bad school/work babits. (Like procrastination!)
5. Shadow an employee in your desired field
6. Make a portfolio
7. Make a list of what you want to accomplish in the upcoming semester.
For more tips on how to be productive this winter break, contact Mackler Associates!